Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Afternoon Delights on a Rainy Day

I have lots of flexibility at my job. A perk! Actually a big perk. Definitely a blessing. Today was a good day.  I still hear that tired old myth that married people do not have as much sex as single people. This is a huge lie. I don't know why it's perpetuated, or why some choose to believe it. My better half has a fiend who fully believes it, and does not believe us when we say we have sex every day. At least once a day. I love my husband, I love his body. After 8 years of marriage sex today is still as good as ever, if not better. I don't pretend to know what works for other people; I just know what works for us. This works for us: me working, him being at home, a flexible job, a budget, faith in the Lord, and communication. Constant communication. Talking to him like we're old friends, and listening to him like it's the first time we've met. All that plus an afternoon where the little one can see grandma and grandpa, and where we can do it like it's the first time makes for a wonderful day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment